A simple, healthy, delicious chili recipe perfect for fall
From Evolve Me Recipes
This is a delicious, light chili recipe that is perfect for easy week night dinners. You can easily customize by adding beans, corn, jalapeños or any additional veggies your heart desires. It is great eaten as is, topped with some sour cream or plain greek yogurt, fresh avocado, cilantro, green onions and of course, a sprinkle of cheese.
1-3lb Lean Ground Turkey (or meat of choice)
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/2 yellow onion, diced
1 cup mushrooms, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 packet Chili Mix
3/4 cup water
Salt and Pepper to taste
* If using over 1.5lbs of protein, double the rest of the ingredients.
1. Spray/oil a large pan, add turkey (protein) to pan and brown. Drain fat if necessary and place in crept.
2. Re-spray/oil the pan and add onions. Cook until translucent. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. Add mushrooms and bell pepper. Cook until slightly tender. Place in crockpot.
3. Add 1 can diced tomatoes, 1 packet chili seasoning and water into crockpot.
4. Stir and cook on low for 2-3 hours.
This recipe is great to make ahead and use for pre-prepped meals.
Put into an airtight container and it will keep 3-4 days.
It also great frozen and reheated.
Make a double patch and put the second half straight in to the freezer. (Pre portion servings before freezing for super easy weeknight dinners.) Then when you are sick or get too busy to cook, you have a health, delicious meal ready to go!
Enjoy! Please let me know if you make this recipe. I would love to see a photo.